[3830] N0AX Honor Squint Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N0AX Honor Squint Results
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

                              SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 18-Oct-98

    Callsign Used : N0AX
         Operator : N0AX

         Category : Single-Op, Low-Power

 Default Exchange : QSO# ABE WA

             Name : Ward Silver
          Address : 22916 107th Ave SW
   City/State/Zip : Vashon WA 98070
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Rush Drake Orchestra

   80CW       14          14         14       1
   40CW       27          27         27       1
   20CW       31          31         31      20

 Totals       72          72         72      22

    Final Score = 1584 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

Had to use "Honest" Abe for the name here - distant relation, actually.
Thanks to all that turned up and slugged it out to the very end - this one
turned into a scavenger hunt!  Also, holding the contest in the middle of
JARTS RTTY and the fall QRP ARCI QSO Party made for some interesting QSOs,
especially on 40-meters.  Shall we hold another in April?

I tend to agree that the honor sprint could be 2 hours in length, given
the turnout.  If so, the bands should be higher and the time earlier, so
that the western guys aren't trying to work 80 in daylight and the eastern
guys aren't trying to work 20 in the dark.

N6TR seemed to get into the spirit the most and was busily vacumning up
QRPers, DLs in the WAG (waggers?), innocent passers-by, and the like.  I
don't think he was able to work many JARTS RTTY'ers, though.  I, myself,
got kinda distracted (making stew at the same time) and wandered off to
work TJ, FJ, and 4K on various other bands.  It did not occur to me to get
into the scavenging aspect and I wish I'd thought of it!

I knew it was going to be a light turnout when 15 minutes in everyone I'd
worked was lined up like fishermen on opening day CQ-ing away on
20-meters!  I suspect that we'll get more and more turnout as time goes
by.

Looks like the Rush Drake Orchestra team obliterated all competition -
mainly by absorbing at least half the active participants :-)

73, Ward N0AX