[3830] OH7AAC CQWWSSB multi-single 1998

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH7AAC CQWWSSB multi-single 1998
From: Mikko.Poyhonen@HMX.Honeywell.com (Poyhonen, Mikko (FI36))
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:38:00 -0700

Here is the OH7AAC this year CQWW SSB  Multi/Single score:

160     61      8       40       GP, (5-el sloper array), Beverages
80      281     15      62       5 el vertical array, GP, Beverages
40      591     31      111      3/3, 3/2 Yagis
20      1208    38      134      5/ 5, 2* 3 el Yagis
15      410     35      129      6/ 6, 5-el Yagis
10      88      25      84      10-el, 6-el Yagis + 2 x TH6DXX (10/15/20)

        2639    152     560 ==> 3.44 M

Club Affiliation: CCF

Ops:
OH7MS, OH7WV, OH7KD, OH7MHL/OH4QB, OH7KIR/OH4MJ, OH6LNI, OH4XX/OH7LTK

Equipment:

2*1000MP
2*1000D
TS-850SAT
AMPS>
Ten-Tec Titan
Ten-Tec Centurion
Commander HF-2500E
2 x 1KW Homebrews

5 PC in LAN, CT 9.37, Cluster connection.

Comments>

Not so good openings to our main QSO sources US and JA. How ever we did our
new multiplier record we did not even achieve last year score. Well I guess
we did our best already at week before the contest and finished a new 40
meter stack installation. I guess that really sucked our best and we did not
have that killing attitude during the contest. Well this wont happen again
(guess how many times :- ))). I guess other guys could tell you more about
the weekend since I had other commitments during the contest and spend only
Saturday afternoon at site :-(

160 m> Nothing much to say. I guess top-band is not its best in SSB part in
this part of world. Our 5 element sloper array was not used due to some
missing slopers..

80m> well, same applies here as well. It is really tough to get trough the
pile ups. We could hear lots of DX's but hopeless to have them in log when
there is 100+ stations calling in endless pile up, and many times most of
them are calling when DX is transmitting.

40m> pretty good, we did not have good morning openings to US but had some
runs to JA at Saturday afternoon and  spend last two hours of the contest
working state side, I wish we would get there earlier!!. Anyhow our new 3/3
-stack seems to perform well.

20> again our QSO band..Well mostly EU but..

15m> Not good at all. Saturday was very difficult, but in Sunday propagation
was good enough to work something in here too.

10m> Finally some action here too. We count over 100 new multiplier hints
from cluster at Saturday but could only hear  a few. Sunday was much better
and guys did their best to get as many as possible in log. good job.
Hopefully we are fully in action during the CW-part.

CU in CW!!

73 de Mikko, OH4XX

OH4XX@SRAL.FI
OH7AAC@IBM.NET