[3830] K4TMC CQWW SSB S/O 10M Low Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4TMC CQWW SSB S/O 10M Low Power
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:27:33 -0500
Call: K4TMC                     Country: USA
Mode: SSB                       Category: Single Operator, Low Power
Hours:  18

BAND            QSOs            ZONEs           COUNTRIES
   10           345             25              89

Final SCORE:  109,896

Club Affiliation:  PVRC

Milk crate: Things started off slow Friday evening.  Listened to stations
in the Mid-West and West Coast work JAs and Pacific stations.  Just could
not break through the pileups.  I was even more disappointed when hearing
some local stations, and thought I would at least work someone in my own
zone; however, after a few minutes of hearing the vulgar language being
used, it was obvious that they were not going to be of any help!  It got
even worse when someone popped in and said they should move to 75 meters.
 So, I finished the evening with a grand score of ZERO.
Saturday morning started off much better with lots of southern European
stations worked, as a result, it was up hill the rest of the weekend.
Sunday's conditions did not seem to be as good as Saturday.  The toughest
QSO was with 4U1UN in NY City, took about 2 minutes and a frequency
change; thanks Don!

Negative Comment:  A lot of DX stations not IDing frequently enough!  It
really slows down the rate when S&Ping.

Station: TS850SAT with IRCI 2.1 kHz filters in both IFs, Heil HC4 on
Radio Shack headphones, 6 element "Rope Yagis" fixed on Europe at 45 ft.
and on S. America at 35 ft., 4 element yagi at 35 ft. fixed on Africa, 3
element wire yagi in attic at 18 ft. fixed West, Software - TRLog

Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]