[3830] Fw: OK2RZ - CQWWSSB-SO-80m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Fw: OK2RZ - CQWWSSB-SO-80m
From: printo@applet.cz (Jiří Král)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:21:10 +0100

CQ WORLD WIDE SSB CONTEST   1998

Call:    OK2RZ              Country:  Czech Republic

Mode: SSB       Category: SO - 80m - HP - UNAS

BAND      QSO        PTS       P/Q       WAZ     DXCC

  80           1634       2079       1,27       27        101

Total      266,112    points

No MURPHY this year.=20

The only problem was between my keyboard and my chair......(me)

Fantastic discovery just after this contest :  after 35 year of
contesting with footswitch in regular position like in the car, I turned =

the footswitch 180 degrees and push it with other side of my foot.=20
No more cramps after the contest. I have two footswitches - one for=20
PTT + PA and the other one for beverages. Just try it yourselves....

Equipment Description:

TS850S + HENRY 3K=20

Antennas:

    1..    100 ft  insulated teleskopic aluminium mast ( 8" to 3" OD) =
with 4  copper=20
             ropes (1/2"OD) along the mast - @ 50 ft the ropes are 15 ft =
apart from
             the mast on each side. Radials: 450 pcs ( 70 to 140 ft =
long, total length=20
              40,000 ft )
    2..     Inverted vee @ 60 ft=20
    3..     Five 900 ft beverages ( West, East, USA, Japan, South) on a =
12 acres lot
             at " HHRR " - HAM Heaven Radio Ranch - in JISTEBNIK (10km =
south=20
             of OSTRAVA)

Club Affiliation: CCCCC - Czech Cimrman`s Crazy Contest Club
                                             ( OL1JDC & OK5JDC )

Member & refounder of the very first radio club in the world.

Founded originally on July the 22nd, 1907 by Jara da Cimrman=20
( give or take a cuple of years)

Refounded by OK2RZ late in the afternoon in 1995

"CCCCC"  Motto:

It is neither necessary to win the contest, nor to participate ...

(....... Jara da Cimrman in 1907)

Jara da Cimrman ( CZECH genius, much better known than Leonardo da Vinci =
)

Radio Club   OL1JDC & OK5JDC
@ printing house PRINTO
(WWW.PRINTO.COM)