[3830] WB0O CW SS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WB0O CW SS
From: wb0o@metigoshe.ndak.net (William Straw)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 08:02:47 -0600
WB0O CW SS,  SOHP

80M -   3
40M -143
20M - 470
15M -   3
---------------
          619 X 74 = 91,612   ( 7 hours)

Comments:
   Aurora on Friday night....A=20,K=5 at the start of the test.
Started on 20M, things were a little slow, hit 470 Q's at
0200Z, 50 Q's behind last year's pace but still running with
the big dogs.
   I went to 40M and came to a halt. Fluttery sigs, rate in the
50's. By 0400Z I was 120 Q's behind W0SD. I went outside
and saw shimmering curtains of Aurora straight up over the
house, just like in the Yukon tourist brochures KN5H is
reading at VY1JA's house :)
  The best way to prevent contest burn-out is to know when
to pull the plug, and this was one of those times.
   Look for Kelly, VE4XT from here on SSB!

73 BILL WB0O in northern North Dakota