[3830] N8IA 1998 SSCW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N8IA 1998 SSCW SOLP
From: driley@gatecom.com (Dave Riley)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 05:08:33 -0500
                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1998

      Call: N8IA                     Country:
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       35       70        -
       40       97      194        -
       20       64      128        -
       15       14       28        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    210      420       66

               Score:  27,720

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 9

Equipment Description:

Xcvr: IC-735
233 MHz MMX w/ CT 9.37
Ant:  80m & 40m Inverted Vees at 30 feet
      20m,15m,10m   Cushcraft R-6000 Vertical

                             Signature _David B. Riley___N8IA___________

Got home from work and turned on the radio about 0300z Saturday evening
and was greeted with aurora and condx marginal at best, especially for
my 100 watts. 20 was almost dead East/West paths were OK on 40 but signals
within 500 miles or so were weak and fluttery. After a few hours I gave up
40 and moved to 80, where the aurora effects were not as bad. Went to bed
about 0730z. I resumed about 1700z and did S&P the rest of the afternoon.
I did manage 66 sections and QSO'd the rarer sections like,YT,VT,NNY,WTX
and EWA but missed ME,SNJ,SC,SB,SF,NB,PQ,MB,SK,VI,AK

Back in SSPH hopefully with no aurora.

Dave - N8IA (ex KG8W)