[3830] K7GM LP CWSS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7GM LP CWSS
From: NISWANDERF@MAIL.ECU.EDU (Niswander, Frederick D.)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:26:00 -0500
One radio (TS-830, yes you actually have to tune it)
One antenna (80 meter dipole at 35 feet)
One tuner (comes in handy when desiring to be on a band other than 80)

Result:   763 x 79 = 120,554.    17 hours    low power

Didn't have enough time in my schedule to go anywhere this year, so decided
to see whether I could break 100K with my pipsqueak operation at home in the
middle of town.  Was pleasantly surprised to do so and to get a sweep (which
was not expected by any means, particularly with the sun flare).  Last mult
was VO1MP, who I had heard a number of times previously with a weak signal
and a huge pile - not worth trying.

Rick, K7GM
Frederick (Rick) Niswander, Ph.D., CPA
Assistant Professor of Accounting