[3830] W1EAT SS CW 98 QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1EAT SS CW 98 QRP
From: cooper@gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 12:56:48 -0500

        W1EAT Vermont section

        599 QSO's
         77 sections (no NL or YNT)
    92,246 points

         21 hours (I overslept again for the 3rd time in 4 years.)

        160' inverted-vee @ 35' (80 & 40m)
        30' inverted-vee @ 34' (20 & 15m)
        20' vertical dipole @ 33' (10m)

        Corsair II & Paragon @ 5 watts (3w on 80m or my keyer jammed!)

        Being a sound sleeper might have cost me a trip to the top 10 this year,
but I'm not a tired wreck today.  It's probably a good trade.

        When the solar whatever-it-was hit at 1AM EST, 80m got incredibly noisy
and I could only make 1 qso in 40 minutes.  That's when I went to bed.

        I heard NL and YNT but couldn't get through.  My wires are probably
pointed
the wrong way :-)  The most amazing thing I heard was KH6/W1WEF on 40m at
10AM EST,
about S8.  Yes, 10AM.