[3830] On a SS knowledge quest

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] On a SS knowledge quest
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (Michael Dinkelman)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 08:56:24 -0800
Attention Pacific Northwest Hams -  specifically WA and Northwest OR
(sorry but the rest of you guys live in a different SS world)

        I'm on a knowledge quest to improve my SS scores. For years I have tried
to break 700 Q's using LP. While I probably did my best ever this year, I'm
still not reaching my goals and feel I'm stuck on a plateau. Granted, my
station is still in need of improvement as are my skills (I look inward
first) but I'm looking at other variables as well and thought I might
strike while you still have the logs on your computer (instead of trying
this next August eh?)

        Some contest programs will break down contest logs into rate/band
reports
by hour (actually, don't they all?). If you have the capability and could
generate that report - please send me a copy by e-mail. I am curious as to
whether I am making some BAD band decisions and want to compare my
fumblings to others. (Yeah, I know some have two radios and that will
complicate things but I am curious anyway). Even if you did worse then me,
I think it would be useful to look at those breakdowns but only for my
area. At the very least, this info may tell me I just need to work harder -
especially in those first crucial hours.

        I promise not to divulge any info - this is just for my personal use and
so I can beat your --- next year.  (whoops, sorry, got just a little
excited there.)

        Thanks for any help

rock on and 73
dink