[3830] N6MU SSCW QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N6MU SSCW QRP
From: N6MU1@aol.com (N6MU1@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:47:16 EST
N6MU (@N6NB)   QRP   748 Qs   78 Mults    116688 Points

QRP contesting is challenging enough without my two key bands taking a dump
like they did Sunday. 15 finally opened mainly to the east coast and 10 never
did open. This after Wayne (N6NB) spent Saturday putting up a new 5 el
monobander for 10! Best laid plans? Missed a sweep for the first time in a
while. Started Sunday morning needing MAR, QC, NL and NWT after having heard
nary a peep from that area Saturday. Snagged all but NL. Never heard VO1MP
even though I S&Ped a lot. The QRP category is becoming very competitive. I
worked 62 other QRP stations and many were giving out high numbers. Kudos to
all and especially to W4PA and KG5U who appeared to be fighting it out for the
top spot. 73...

John, N6MU