[3830] IG9T SOSB 80M CQWW SSB DECLARED SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IG9T SOSB 80M CQWW SSB DECLARED SCORE
From: fgrisafi@tin.it (Fabio Grisafi (IT9GSF))
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:19:24 +0100
Special effort by Tony IT9EQO:

CALL: IG9T    COUNTRY: AFRICAN ITALY (Lampedusa Island)
SOSB 80 MTS CQWW PHONE CONTEST

QSOs: 1416
QSO/POINTS: 4217
COUNTRIES: 97
ZONES: 24

SCORE: 510,257

RTX: IC775 + HM PA
TX ANT: 1/4 wave vertical @ 80 mts above the sea.
RX ANT: 3*beverages QTF NE/N/NW

Last eight hours with 100 W only because of problems with the guardian of
the local lighthouse: the light turned at double speed while TXing and the
guardian telephone counter became mad and I had to pay the bill.

This is sign of grounding problems because of poor terrain....(good for
beverages even if we are near the sea).

I wish to thank everybody that called me making this effort so enjoiable,
73 de Antonello, IT9EQO.

P.S.> TNX to I2VXJ, IV3TAN, IT9NJE, IT9QQP & IT9GSF for help.