[3830] K0RWL SS SSB multi-op

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0RWL SS SSB multi-op
From: km0l@tfs.net (Steve Lufcy)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:57:11 -0600
                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1998

      Call: K0RWL  @ KM0L       Country:  MO
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single
                                                            High power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    SECTIONS
      160        0        0             0
       80      212      424           0
       40      653     1306           0
       20      484      968            0
       15      265      530            0
       10       25       50             0
     -----------------------------------
     Totals   1639     3278          79  =   258,962

Power Output: 800  watts

Operator List: K0RWL +  K0VBU, KM0L

Equipment Description:
#1) TS-940S, TL-922A -> A4 at 65', rotatable 40 m dipole
      Heil HC-4 headset, 90 mhz pentium w/W9XT card running CT7
#2) TS-870, MLA2500B -> hightower vert
      MC-80 mike, 286 laptop networked

Club Affiliation: KANSAS CITY DX CLUB

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               LARRY WILSON  K0RWL
               11020 E 72ND TER
               RAYTOWN, MO 64133

soap: We had a jackrabbit start averaging about 110 Q's per hour for the
first 5 hours. Things started to slow down when every one went to 40 and 80
Saturday evening. However 40 m ended up carring the load. The dipole does
well from here in the middle of the country.
We got our sweep at 04:03z from K5KA in OK. We had gotten VE8EV  and PR and
VI in the first couple of hours. This was the earliest we have ever gotten
the sweep.
Good fun and fair conditions in the heartland.
CU all in CQWW nextweekend when we will be back to real ham radio (CW).
RWL commented "I can't copy all these voices!". I agree - no hable esesbee.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC