[3830] N9RV SS Phone HP 786 x 79

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N9RV SS Phone HP 786 x 79
From: pbarkey@gw.bsu.edu (Patrick Barkey)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:57:55 -0500
N9RV SS Phone HP Indiana

792 Q's x 79 sections = 125,136

Approximately 9 hours operating time.

Very good conditions.  Would have been fun (for a masochist, of
course) to try a competitive effort.  20 meters had short skip to most
of east coast all day on Sunday.

Only one weird experience -- what was the story with W7GG this
weekend?  Sounded like he was feeding random numbers into his VFO.  He
landed on my frequency several times, only to fly off.  Later when I
was S&P I tried to call him several times (where he was Cqing) but he
was obviously listening someplace else?

Tried to give all the big guns a Q.

   -- Pat
      N9RV