[3830] N4VI-SS SSB SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N4VI-SS SSB SOLP
From: n4vi@diac.com (Chris Adams)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:13:28 -0700
There?s no meters like 10 meters!

                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 21-Nov-98, 22-Nov-98, 23-Nov-98

    Callsign Used : N4VI
         Operator : N4VI

         Category : Single Op, Low Power

 Default Exchange : # A N4VI 68 CO

             Name : Chris Adams
          Address : 8494 Stoneridge Terrace
   City/State/Zip : Boulder, CO 80302-9355
          Country : United States

   80SSB     127         127        254      14
   40SSB      69          69        138      10
   20SSB     161         157        314      10
   15SSB     223         222        444      18
   10SSB     362         357        714      26

 Totals      942         932       1864      78

    Final Score = 145392 points.

Op Time:  apx 21 hours
Rig:  TS-870S
Logging by TRv6.34

Antennas:

80M:  inverted Vee
40m:  w8jk
20/15/10m:  Cushcraft D-3 rotatable dipole w/o rotator

A very interesting SS and by far by best effort.

Where was Wyoming!!  To see N0AH had a 1000+ qso effort and we didn?t
hook up!  I notice Paul didn?t spend much time on 80m which was probably
the demise of my sweep effort.

This was by far my best effort. By the 2nd night I had worked everyone
that was calling "CQ" and couldn?t hold a frequency to save my life so I
decided to hang it up an hour early and rejoin the family!

Reading everyone?s reports on 3830, I find it very interesting the
myriad of ways people get their QSO?s.  For me, 10 meters was a
godsend.  For others, they made their marks on the low bands.

Highlight was 10 meters and running stations for 3 hours on Sunday
afternoon (not to mention my 1st hour 97 q?s there as well).  Another
highlight was refusing to give up on 80 meters early Sunday morning in
my effort to catch all the hard to get close in sections (except
Wyoming).  It was a grind, but a successful effort.  The lowlight was 40
meters and the frustration Sunday evening of not being able to hold a
frequency or find any new stations on 80 or 40.  How can 40 meters be my
best band during CW SS and such a flop during Phone SS?

For my station, I was thrilled with this effort, however I?ve probably
used up my brownie points with the xyl for serious efforts until the
NAQP?s in January.