[3830] KH2/N2NL CQWW CW S/O ASSISTED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KH2/N2NL CQWW CW S/O ASSISTED
From: n2nl@netpci.com (David Mueller)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 98 23:41:42 PST
1998 CQWW CW CONTEST

CALL: KH2/N2NL
COUNTRY: GUAM
CATEGORY: SINGLE OPERATOR ASSISTED (+PACKET)
HOURS OPERATED: 48 (UGHH)

BAND     QSO'S    ZONES   COUNTRIES
160             1             1               1     (KH2/K4SXT WKD WITH 80M
ANTENNA)
80            207           22             36
40            995           32             82
20            495           31             70
15           1296          35             81
10           1078          33             70
            4071            154           340
CLAIMED SCORE: 5,916,638

RIG/ANTENNAS
KENWOOD 930, AMERITRON AL80 (800W)
3EL TRIBANDER ATOP WATER PIPE AT 30'
40M DIPOLE AT 35FT
80M INVERTED L ABOUT 25FT OF IT VERTICAL
SHORT (300') BEVERAGE ANTENNA FOR EU/USA/JA (POINTED NORTH)

     I thought I did great QSO wise intil I heard of the huge East Coast USA
scores.  It was a little disheartening until I stopped by and visited the AH2R
guys at the hotel.  They had 5172/177/484 for 10m points, and I think I
kept up relatively well against the M/S group with monobanders on 40-10.
40m suprised me the most with a massive pileup most of the first night
of Europe, JA, and USA at the same time.  The Baby Sluggo (TM) beverage
antenna I've got worked great cutting the Indonesian SSB garbage across 40m
down to almost nothing.
   Mults are way down but that is expected being 7000 miles from both Europe
and the Caribean.
    Had a great time and operated 48 hours straight for the 1st time
without too much difficulty.  Having the contest start at 10AM local time
helped being able to sleep the night practically up to the start.

CU guys in the next one. I might put something up to hunt/peck in the
ARRL 160 and Ill be in KH0 for ARRL 10m (probably not able to operate though)

73, Dave kh2/n2nl