[3830] K5IID CQ WW CW LP AB UNASSISTED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5IID CQ WW CW LP AB UNASSISTED
From: k5iid@wvadventures.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 00:42:59 -0500

   K5IID

   SINGLE OPERATOR  --LOW POWER (100 WATTS)

   ALL BANDS

   BAND          QSO'S         POINTS          ZONES         COUNTRIES

      160                2                         0                     2
                    1
        80                60                    154                  12
                32
        40                121                  336                  17
               52
        20                209                  595                  26
               73
        15                279                  796                  25
               75
        10                336                  973                  24
--------
    TOTAL        1007                2854                 106
    311           SCORE  1,190,118

Wasn't this a blast??? After the sunspot doldrums of the past few years,
it was a great weekend with great conditions( on all bands !) and lots of
activity.
First time I really got an idea of things to come from this part of the
country.
Since I have moved here to WV the conditions have been bad at best, but things
are looking up.
 Now if I could find a place with some room for antennas, I might be able
to do
better. My back yard is about 40 feet wide by 50 feet deep...that's not
much room
for 160, 80 and even 40.
 Couple the antenna situation with the constant S-9 power line noise this
past weekend,
and I am pretty happy. Hope it rains for the 10 Meter contest...the noise
goes away.

73, Tom
 Tom Horton
  K5IID