[3830] NI6W 98CQCW SOAB U HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NI6W 98CQCW SOAB U HP
From: ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 21:17:08 -0800
         Call:     NI6W
Category:     Single Op All Band   Unassisted  High Power
        QTH:     Minden, NV
 Op Time:     39 hrs

Band        Q             Z            C

160          18           10           9
  80           62           15          17
  40         164           26          63
  20         254           26          68
  15         360           29          81
  10         340           24          58
               ------           ----         -----
              1198         130        296         Claimed Score 1,437,324

Station:
TS930s, Alpha 78, old PC, old CT

Antennas:
TH7 @ 42' on military surplus AB577 guyed stacked pole. Thanks to
Patrick, WX7M for the loaner.

160, 80, & 40 Inv Vee's @ 45' on extended KT34XA boom lashed to garage
and guyed.

Comments:

Big storm last week rotated the TH7 far enough to disconnect the rotor
cable. It was blowing too hard before the contest to bring it down to
fix. So, the TH7 was turned via the armstrong rotator at the base
turning the entire pole in the guy rings.

Low antennas definitely have their moment in the sun. I was very happily
impressed with the fact that I was able to work all of the Carib and SA
mults on Sunday with 1 or 2 calls.
The little feller was also able to hold a running frequency on 10 and 15
during the middle of the JA openings.
Could never hold any frequency to EU.

Can't run 40M JA's on Friday nite with this antenna. Can do it on Sat
nite. Probably cuz they were looking for some fresh meat!

Congrat's to all with the awesome scores. Best activity I can remember.

First time I've had all bands since moving to Nevada. Really great to
get back into the fray after being out of the loop for 4 years.

73, Kurt