[3830] KB1H M/M CQWW CW 1998

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KB1H M/M CQWW CW 1998
From: rpechie@snet.net (Dick Pechie)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 11:17:56 -0500
ÐÏࡱá΢?΢?
                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: KB1H                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Multi
      Zone: 5

      160       55      128     2.33     10      33
       80      412     1184     2.87     20      87
       40      682     1981     2.90     31     112
       20      818     2401     2.94     36     124
       15      992     2909     2.93     35     121
       10      640     1859     2.90     28     111

     Totals   3599    10462     2.91    160     588  =>  7,825,576

Operator List:  KB1H, AA1CE, NB1U, K1EBY, KB1DFB, N1XS, K1NG

Equipment Description:

                        Station #1: IC775DSP, ALPHA 77
                        Station #2: TS-850, Amp Supply LK-550
                        Station #3: TS-940, TL-922

                        160M: 120? Shunt-fed tower
                                1000? Beverage NE-SW
                                450? Beverage E-W
                         80M:  Full Size 4-Square
                         40M:  3 Element KLM @ 85?
                                2 Element Mosley Fixed South @  65?
                                WX0B Stack Box Switching
                         20M:  Telerex 5 Element @ 90?
                                Hy-Gain 204BA Fixed Europe @ 65?
                                Hy-Gain 204BA Fixed Europe @ 35?
                                WX0B Stack Box Switching

                         15M:  Telerex 5 Element @ 120?
                                Hy-Gain 5 Element @ 90?
                                Mosley 4 Element Fixed South @ 45?
                                WX0B Stack Box Switching
                         10M:   Hy-Gain Stacked 105CAs on Rotating mast @ 85? &
65?
                                LTA 5 Element Fixed Europe @ 35?
                                WX0B Stack Box Switching

Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

                             Signature Dick Pechie KB1H

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               DICK PECHIE        KB1H
               BOX 246
               EAST KILLINGLY , CT 06243

Things are finally getting together here at KB1H. Though not a competitive M/M
we have the capability to run 3 stations so we opted for the M/M class and a
chance to get more points for the YCCC?s attempt to dethrone FRC.

We have never had this much aluminum in the air. Lots of options which made
good band conditions even better. Having sustained ALLBAND rates of over 250+
and short term rates of 450+ is exciting with just three transmitters running.

The 80M Four-Square works great. The new 10M system seems to have us poised for
whatever happens on this band in the future. The options that become available
when you have all the antennas in the air make operating fun. The flexibilty
given with the WX0B Stack Boxes whether used as a phasing unit or just an
antenna switch keeps things hopping.

I want to thank all the crew that has helped this summer to put up a new tower
plus 8 additional antennas. AA1CE, K1EBY, N1BU, KB1DFB, N1XS, K1JCL