[3830] K7NT 1998 ARRL 10 Meter Contest Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K7NT 1998 ARRL 10 Meter Contest Results
From: K7NT@aol.com (K7NT@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:40:37 EST
This was a good lot of fun for a guy down with the flu! It was
especially interesting to hand log, dupe and send everything
by hand. Pre-1990s contesting! I pulled out my old Heath u-Matic with
the touch-sensitive paddles and went at it. I think I send better
with it than my Bencher. Time to clean and adjust the Bencher...

Most fun was being really popular in the last 40 minutes.
The rate sheet shows 85 in the last hour but the real rate was
120 to 130 and more at times. Difficult to try to read my
chicken-scratch afterwards.

Station is a TS-940S/AT and a Hygain Explorer 14 at 25 feet on a
tripod on the roof. This really gets me excited about the possibilities
with the KT34XA that is laying in pieces on the roof. Spring can't
come too soon for me.
73,
Mike  K7NT

   K7NT 1998 ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET
    Contest Dates : 12-Dec-98, 13-Dec-98
    Callsign Used : K7NT
         Operator : K7NT
         Category : Single Op, Both Modes, Low Power
          Time On : approximately 6 hours
 Default Exchange : 599 OR, 59 Oregon
             Name : MICHAEL CONATORE
          Country : United States
        Team/Club : Willamette Valley DX Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      271         266       1068      47        12
   10SSB      90          88        176      29        14

 Totals      361         354       1244      76        26

    Final Score = 126888 points.

  1998 ARRL 10M - K7NT

  HOUR   10CW    10SSB   TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------   -----   -----