[3830] AE0Q m/s ARRL 10m Unassisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AE0Q m/s ARRL 10m Unassisted
From: norman@rmi.net (Dan Norman N0HF)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:30:35 -0700 (MST)

                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: AE0Q                     Country:   United States - CO
                                     Category:  Multi Single

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS   Multipliers

      CW       1279     1768       105
      SSB      698      1396        79
      ------------------------------------

      Totals   1977     6512       184        =   1,198,208

Operator List: AE0Q, N0HF

Equipment Description: TS950SDX, Alpha 91B, KT-34XA @ 80', TRlog.

Had a nice European run "window" around 8-11am MDT local time both days
and then JA's all afternoon with great African DX calling in.
>From what I can recall in past 10m contests during solar peaks, as soon
as it was dawn the band was open; not so this time, it took until sunrise
to hear anything.  Saturday night the band closed quickly, then we worked
the locals for mults.
Worked lots of mobile stations - glad the band is getting great again, it's
time to put the HR2600 mobile rig in the car and work DX during the commute!

'73 Dan

Club Affiliation:  Mile-High DX Association

                                          DCN

               Dan Norman - N0HF (ex. KJ1N)
               7856 Baseline Rd.
               Boulder, CO   80303