[3830] K6RO 10 METER S/O LP MIXED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K6RO 10 METER S/O LP MIXED
From: k6ro@earthlink.net (Larry Shapiro)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:02:28
                                      ARRL 10 METER CONTEST 1998 K6RO

Call:K6RO
Category:SO LP MIXED
Exchange:59 or 599 CA
Time on: Abt 26 hrs
Club:SCDXC

MODE   QSO   QSO PTS    STATES    COUNTRIES
CW     681    2780       55         23     14 /T OR /N Q's !
SSB    961    1922       55         41
TOTALS 1642   4702      110         64 = 818,148 pts

Equipment:FT1000D, K6ZZ designed 4 element beam interlaced on a force 12, 5
element 15m beam @ 103 ft. CT 9.27

Soap: As a low power contester,the 10 meter contest really is my favorite !
This was more fun than I have had in a contest in a long time.The rates
were good most of the time, and when things slowed down,I changed
modes.Started off with a nice JA run mixed with east coasters.Was hoping to
start the morning with a nice Euro run,but it never happened.The few I
heard never heard me.Only 12 Europe Q's total.I'm sure this will change
next year. 84 % North America. The states came pretty easy,but the country
mults just weren't there.Had a good time and look forward to next year.I
may try the 2 radio thing next time,and maybe install a tri-bander at 50
ft.Thanks for the Q's.73,de Larry K6RO

             Larry's Corvair Parts
             14919 S. Crenshaw Bl.
                Gardena,CA.90249