[3830] ARRL 10m Contest LA8W(LA4DCA,op) CW only HP UA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10m Contest LA8W(LA4DCA,op) CW only HP UA
From: la8w@qsl.net (la8w@qsl.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:35:10 -0500

                              ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 12-Dec-98, 13-Dec-98

    Callsign Used : LA8W
         Operator : LA4DCA

         Category : SOCW HP UA

 Default Exchange : 599 #

                    Lima Alfa Contest Club
             Name : Bjorn Henning Bergheim
          Address : Kyrre Greppsgate 8
   City/State/Zip : N-0481 Oslo
          Country : Norway

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW     1047        1023       4092      42        85

 Totals     1047        1023       4092      42        85

    Final Score = 519684 points.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards Committee.

 Date 14. JAN. 1998   Signed BJORN HENNING BERGHEIM, LA4DCA

 Day 1.
 West Coast booming in at the start of the contest.
 Some of them 599. No chance to break the US pile-up, and I never  heard them
again.
 Made a terrible mistake Saturday. Monitored LA6YEA, and he was ahead
 20 Q's. Next I'm 20 Q's ahead. Goes S&P, looking for mults. Guess I stayed to
long.
 Next time I heard him, he was 100 Q's ahead. Never really caught up with him.
 Great contest, first time participant here. Will be back next year.

 See you in next contest.

 73 de Henning LA4DCA

 All our previous, and to come, activities are listed on our pages at

 http://www.qsl.net/la8w