[3830] N2IC/0 Stew Perry SO High Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N2IC/0 Stew Perry SO High Power
From: kcl@bwn.net (Kathy London)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 09:22:57 -0700

N2IC/0 - Stew Perry, Single Op, High Power

247 QSO's   1049 Points

Wretched condx !

While I didn't expect anything like last year, I was hoping for condx like
we had a week ago.  It just didn't happen.  I did manage 6 EU QSO's between
0534Z and 0630Z, and heard a few more.  Slept from 0700Z-1300Z.  Woke up
with visions of JA's in the window, but nothing.  A few whispers of someone
on 1910.5 around 1400Z. It seemed that stations south and west of me had JA
propagation, but Colorado was left out.  Worked VK6HD who came out of the
noise briefly.

Worked some DX that wasn't giving out grid squares - VP2MHJ, YV1NX, 3D2DK.

Still love the format of the contest - just can't expect great condx every
year.