[3830] N5NU RAC SOABHP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5NU RAC SOABHP Score
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason N5NU)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:59:12 -0600
                              RAC SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 27-Dec-98

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU

         Category : SOAB HP

 Default Exchange : 59(9)

             Name : JASON GOLDSBERRY
          Address : RT 1 BOX 1025
   City/State/Zip : DOUGLASS TX 75943
          Country : United States

  160CW        2           2         20       2
  160SSB       2           2         20       2
   80CW       25          24        210       6
   80SSB      42          40        298       6
   40CW       81          80        544      10
   40SSB       8           8         90       7
   20CW       86          84        572      11
   20SSB     165         160       1208      12
   15CW       43          43        336      12
   15SSB      80          79        658      12
   10CW       31          31        330      11
   10SSB      46          46        422      12

 Totals      611         599       4708     103

    Final Score = 484924 points.

Stuff:  Kenwood TS 850S & Ten Tec Centaur @ 400w
        Icom 735 @ 100w
        Tuner by Ten Tec
Ants:   3 Element yagi
        Dipole
Other:  Used TR Logging

The day before the contest started, I had to do ice repairs on the 80
meter antenna.  Appearantly, it had broken because of the 1/4 inch of ice
that had been on it.  That's the first time I've had any weather related
damage to antennas.

I started the contest on 15 meters, and wasted the first 4 minutes CQ'ing
without a contact.  I re-tuned on 20 meters to find that I was behind.
>From there I took off.

W5WMU and I worked, and exchanged numbers.  I was 44 up on him, but I was
12 behind KA6SAR when I worked him.  N5DO and I were between and 1 and 5
apart.  Slugged it out on the low bands and moved mults when I could.  Even
worked VE6JY and VE9AA on both modes.  Also had a SM5 and DF9 come back to
CQ's on 80 meters.  (After the contest I checked the cluster to find that
I'd also been spotted by DL0WW but I hadn't worked him)

Just regular thing tomorrow.  The best hour was 50, but I concentrated on
multipliers knowing that I wasn't running any rate.  Ended with 103
multipliers.

N5DO and I compared numbers at the end to find that I had 13 more
multipliers, but he had 102 more contacts.  I did some math and found that
the difference was about 16 contacts.

Great contest, but I wish that Americans and DX were worth more; say like
4 points...  (Oh yeah... 136 Ontario stations worked...)

73, Jason N5NU
n5nu@inu.net
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/