[3830] VE3SRE - RAC Winter Contest - SOLP - All Bands

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE3SRE - RAC Winter Contest - SOLP - All Bands
From: ve3sre@compuserve.com (Bob Chandler)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:16:12 -0500

VE3SRE - RAC Winter Contest - SOLP - All Bands

QTH:  Cannington,Ontario

RAC QSO's     17
Canada QSO's 133
DX QSO's      29

TOTAL QSO's  209   TOTAL MULTIPLIERS 39  TOTAL POINTS 67,392

BAND BREAKDOWN

        SSB     CW
160      0       0
 80     59      16
 40     68       8
 20     12       6
 15     20       3
 10     12       5
  6      0       0
  2      0       0

SOAPBOX:  Contest was very close to family Christmas festivities this
year, so had limited operating time with quickie portable antennas not
very high above the ground.  Did not have any 2 meter gear with me to
work the locals and the only thing I could do on 6 meters was to run
my 40 meter dipole through the tuner...didn't hear any activity either
local or Sporadic-E... Didn't have any antenna that would work on 160.
CONTEST GENTLEMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD...to Rick VE3FMC who held my 40 meter
"run" frequency so I could go up to 10 meters and work VY1RAC on CW.

EQUIPMENT:  Kenwood TS690S - 100 W

            Inverted "V" dipoles for 20, 40 and 80 meters with apex
            in a tree about 15-20 feet above the ground.

73 de Bob VE3SRE