[3830] W9RE SOUHP CQWW 160

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W9RE SOUHP CQWW 160
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:45:31 -0500
                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W9RE                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
        Hours : 11.5                                 : High Power
                                                         : Unassisted

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    710    2055      55      31    =   176,730

On Monday before contest, a noise investigator and a supervisor came out to
check on my noise problems.  They agreed that 20db over on 160 and s9 on 10
meters was bad but they just can't seem to get it fixed for some reason!  So
I didn't plan on operating the test very much.  Coming home on Friday late
afternoon I had a note that they had found the problem and sure enough I had
very little noise problems during the test. Wished now that I would have
done the test whole heatedly as conditions were moderate to good for me.

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Mike Wetzel  W9RE
               7880 Shelbyville Road
               Indianapolis, IN 46259