[3830] W2UP WPX RTTY SB10 score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W2UP WPX RTTY SB10 score
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:27:42 -0000
1999      World-Wide RTTY WPX Contest
Sponsored by:  Hal Communications, Corp.

CALL: W2UP          PA                  LOCATION
CLASS:          Single Operator
Multioperator
              High Power                              Single
Transmitter
              Low Power (100W or less)                 Multi-
Transmitter
              QRP/p (5W or less). Power used:                 .
        Check one:
              All bands
          X    Single Band:    10m          .

Band    QSOs    QSO points      Prefixes        Score:
Rest periods (Single Operator
160m:                                   Stations
Only)
80m:       0               0            0000    to 1156
40m:       0               0            2330    to 1240
20m:       0               0            1809    to 2008
15m:       0               0                    to
10m:     510    1313     266                    to
Totals: 510     1313    266     349258  Total: 21 hours or
so
Station Description: Ft-1000/Alpha 77Dx/HAL P-38/P-60 & Writelog
Antenna(s): TH7s @40/76 ft
Operators: just me
Remarks (Biggest thrill in contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):

Limited time to operate, and had to limit my op time so I don't get yelled
at for doing ARRL CW next weekend, so played single band 10.  For
a solar flux of
195, condx weren't as good as I expected. Decent EU opening (best
hour was 80 at
1400Z on Saturday) though opened later than expected. No
stateside opening,
except for a few 6s. No JA/Asia either evening, though I heard the
South Americans having a field day with JAs (reminds me of
listening to K5DJ on 40 with JAs).
Speaking of South America - the point distribution seems out of
whack for 10. The
SAs get 3 pts for each S9+ W/VE, and I get 1 point for each barely
audible,
backscatter W/VE I work. Doesn't seem fair, does it?  In any case,
congrats to
XQ8ABF for a great effort (heard him over 800 Qs).

As usual, Writelog performed flawlessly. Only beef is this summary
sheet is
formatted in RTF, and when convert to ASCII, it doesn't look quite
right.

Club Competition: is there one? If so, Frankford Radio Club

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my license and hae observed fully the rules
and regulations of the contest.
Signature_____________Barry
Kutner_______________________________ Call      W2UP
  .

Barry Kutner, W2UP
207 Winding Lane
Newtown, PA 18940
USA

Logs must be postmarked no later than March 10th-  For RTTY
Mode..

Mail World-Wide RTTY WPX Logs
To: Ron Stailey, K5DJ
504 Dove Haven Dr.