[3830] RTTY WPX Contest VE7IN SOABHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX Contest VE7IN SOABHP
From: Earl_Dery@mindlink.bc.ca (Earl Dery)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:03:29 -0800

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band High Power

Band    QSOs   Pts  Mults
80        54   202      -
40       113   472      -
20       211   545      -
15       197   448      -
10        94   238      -
-----   ----  ----  ----
Total    669  1905   299

Claimed Score: 569595

Well its sure been awhile since I did a RTTY contest. Started slow as I
needed to
get reaquainted with WF1B's software again. Had only a couple of small
problems I'll talk to Ray about, I think because I've not operated for awhile.
The bands seemed to be in not too bad of shape from here. Started on 15 as I
said slow for me than started to get in the groove.Pleased with some of the
dx worked. Sunday
morning 20 seemed slow to open to Europe from here and I not sure 15 really
had the same opening as it did on Saturday. There was a nice longpath to
Europe Sunday morning on 40 but really couldn't get anyone to look this way,
think a YU7 heard me but I couldn't get my report.
Still I had lots of fun and will be asking on the RTTY reflector about
acouple of things I found out about my setup here.
One thing I would like to mention, You should make sure you have got a
confirmation of
a QSO before moving on , I can tell that at least a couple of call are not
in my log
as I could not get a confirmation of info passed or I did not get all my info.

Thanks all for the Q's .
73 Earl VE7IN