[3830] W4ZW ARRL DX CW SOHP/A

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4ZW ARRL DX CW SOHP/A
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:55:57 -0500

                 ARRL DX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 20-Feb-99, 21-Feb-99, 22-Feb-99

    Callsign Used : W4ZW
        Operators : JON W4ZW       Hours On: 10:20

         Category : SOHP/A

 Default Exchange : 599 FL

             Name : Jon Hamlet
   City/State/Zip : Casey Key Island, FL
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Florida Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

   80CW       26          25         75        18
   40CW      152         148        441        42
   20CW      155         154        453        45
   15CW       37          37        111        26
   10CW       39          37        111        23

 Totals      409         401       1191       154

    Final Score = 183,414 points.

Part time effort, but a lot of fun.  The Sarasota Hamfest was Saturday
and the Florida weather was wonderful (unlike tonight.) Conditions in
Florida on 80 and 40 were poor the first night, but better on Saturday
night.
Ten was awesome!  Brings back a lot of fond memories.

I noticed a lot more of the "Out for 2nd Radio Syndrome" this time. First
time
QRL'd twice, started CQ, was finishing 2nd QSO when a N2 started with
an endless stream of QSY's and he wasn't even loud!  Claimed he'd been
there a long time. When asked where he'd been for the past minute or so,
he said he was on his 2d radio.  This happened several times.  Before
with LP, I just moved but now that I have the Alpha on line and all this
salt water to help the beams, I don't think I'm going to be so gentlemanly
in the future!

Good to hear fellow FCGers K1TO, WD4AHZ, WC4E, and N4TO/VP5 on.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

 Date 21 Feb 99   Signed Jon Hamlet  Call W4ZW

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey key island, FL

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"