[3830] W1AF ARRL DX CW M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1AF ARRL DX CW M/S
From: K3UOC@aol.com (K3UOC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:32:19 EST
ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

Call: W1AF                                                      Country: United
States
Mode: CW
Category: Multi Single

BAND            QSO             QSO PTS         PTS/Q           COUNTRIES

160             0                               0
0                               0
80                      38                              114
3.0                     25
40                      322                     963                     3.0
                60
20                      376                     1128                    3.0
                73
15                      470                     1410                    3.0
                74
10                      401                     1203                    3.0

Totals  1607                    4818                    3.0
305 = 1,469,490

Operator List: KO1O, K3UOC

Total time on: 32 hours

Equipment Description: IC-781, IC-4KL, 10 el. log periodic, 2 el. 40 yagi, 80
inverted vee, 40 EU sloper

It's been almost 10 years since the last real DX contesting took place from
W1AF.  But, we're in our 90th anniversary year at the Harvard Wireless Club
and in the midst of a major rebuilding of the physical facilities and
equipment, so an entry back into contesting seemed very appropriate at this
time.  It's good to be back!

Bill (KO1O) and myself worked as a 2-man M/S although it was much more like 2
guys doing S/O at the same station.  We only saw each other once and that was
Sunday at noon when I relieved Bill for the final stretch.  But we left each
other notes and cheered each other on and it was tremendous fun!

For DX stations: Congratulations to V47KP (W2OX, op) for winning the World
Combined Score plaque in the 1998 ARRL DX Contest.  Did you score well as a SO
in CW?  Best of luck in SSB!  This is the 12th year I have sponsored this
award and I (and maybe a few others) consider this to be the ultimate
challenge in the ARRL from the DX side.

73,
Mike Manafo
K3UOC