[3830] K0DQ ARRL DXCW SOAB HP UNASSISTED

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K0DQ ARRL DXCW SOAB HP UNASSISTED
From: VADMR@email.msn.com (Scott Redd)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 22:36:00 -0500
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: K0DQ (at W4RX)           Country:  United States
      Mode: CW
      Category: Single Operator, High power, unassisted

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       39      117   3.0       28 Slopers
       80      148      444   3.0       54 Slopers, 3L Wire Yagi@155' to Eu
       40      675     2025   3.0       74 3L @ 180'
       20      842     2526   3.0       80 6L @ 135', 4L @ 50'
       15      885     2655   3.0       86 6L @ 180', 4L @ 60'
       10      756     2265   3.0       74 6L @ 120', 4L @ 60'
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3345    10032   3.0      396  =   3,972,672  4.8 hours off air

All reports sent were 599.

Equipment Description: FT-990, TS-870S, 4-1000 on each band

Soapbox: Jim, W4RX, has tremendous location on a 1800' mountaintop.
Haven't felt this LOUD since 6J9AA days in the early 70's.  After
a decade away, this contesting stuff is beginning to come back
to me.  Won the US in last one of these I entered in 1986 from W3GRF.
Since then, the competition has stiffened significantly and I'm no
younger.  Nevertheless, haven't had this much fun since the '94 face
off with YI1SADDAM in the Gulf.  It's great to be back in the hunt.
Next time, more sleep before the contest, less during.

Club Affiliation: PVRC

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Vice Admiral Scott Redd, US Navy (Ret.), K0DQ
               5132 Red Fox Drive
               Annandale, VA 22003