[3830] W6XR MS ARRL CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W6XR MS ARRL CW
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:55:18 -0500

                              ARRL DX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 20-Feb-99, 21-Feb-99

    Callsign Used : W6XR
        Operators : W6XR, N2AU

         Category : MS HP

         SECTION  : WNY

 Default Exchange : 599-NY

             Name : Natan Huffman
          Address : 27 Hungerford Rd,
   City/State/Zip : Ithaca/NY/14850
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : FRC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

  160CW      21          21             63         16
   80CW       81          81           243         42
   40CW      559         556       1668        73
   20CW      589         588       1764        80
   15CW      699         698       2094        83
   10CW      606         604       1812        82

 Totals     2555        2548       7644       376

    Final Score = 2874144 points.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.

 Date ______________   Signed _____________________________  Call
___________

COMMENTS::

Some day/contest I am going to get it right!   Art N2AU and realized we did
not spend nearly enough time on 80 and to a lesser extent on 160.....but
that realization did not happen until it was too late.  Only problem we had
was that we lost our packet because teenage son needed his laptop for a
school project starting early Sunday afternoon.  I have been unable to get
TR and my Kam talking, hence the laptop.....really need to work on that!

Art did a great job as usual and was a pleasure to have around.  We hit most
openings, except 160/80 and never lost our collective  sense of humor.  This
low profile 2 op MS is pleasurable indeed.

Only comment I would make is that the number of people who come on your run
frequency without any warning and open up with braying CQs, seems to be
increasing.   It is often done by people who should know better.  If I hear
you at a S8 level, I know you can hear me.  A certain N3 club compatriot
came up on frequency one 20 meter morning and tried to usurp the frequency.
For 30 minutes he logged stations that were actually working me as those
stations  in Europe acknowledged my call.   I suspect that at least 25
incorrect calls resulting in score reductions are now in that log.  5 over 5
over 5 does not give one the God given right to take over a frequency from
anyone!  Is it too much to ask for a "?", ".." "QRL" or such?

I apologize to anyone who I interfered with, as I did not hear your response
to my frequency interrogations.

Very happy to have so many 6 banders....P40W was the first

73 to all

Natan W6XR

W6XR is:

160 -------ground mounted 1/4 wave with elevated radials

 80--------- rotatable dipole at 72'

 40---------2 el at 80'

20/15/10 -- stacked C3s....one at 72' the other at  36'

10 ---------4 el at 85' (seldom used)

Yaesu FT 1000MP, Alpha 86

Yaesu FT-920 Alpha 374