[3830] W0ETC CQ 160SSB SO/HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W0ETC CQ 160SSB SO/HP
From: W0ETC@ix.netcom.com (Larry Lindblom)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:53:51 -0600
CQ 160 SSB SO/HP category

Call W0ETC

State Iowa

Qs 780

Mults 65 (56 domestic DX 9)

Score 115,570

Hours of operation as many as I could push this 53 year old body to
take.

I thought the QRN couldn't be as bas as last year.  Boy was I wrong!!
It was just as bad if not worse at times.  The QRN made for Excedrin
headache #29.  A guy has got to be a masochist to love this contest,
which must be why I keep on working it.

To those I couldn't dig out of the noise my apologies.  To those who
stuck with me to complete the Q, my thanks.  TO those who started to CQ
within 500 Hz of my run frequency, may an ice storm wipe out your
antennas.

Station IC-775dsp, Ameritrom AL-800H, 4 square array of full size
slopping verticals suspended from a 125 ft tower with elevated radials.
Definitely need some receive antennas.