[3830] arrldx ssb sohp ab

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] arrldx ssb sohp ab
From: kr4tg@mindspring.com (Mike Del Pozzo)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 08:03:27 -0500

      CALL: KR4TG                    COUNTRY: United States (GA sec )
      MODE: SSB                      CLASS: SO

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    COUNTRIES

      160       27       81          20
       80       27       81          20
       40       72      216          37
       20      119      357          64
       15      121      363          51
       10      115      345          52

     Totals    481     1443         244  =   352,092

Equipment Description:

RX/TX Knwd TS820-S / 4el Cubex on 10,15,20 / 2@ 2el wire yagis on
40 + elevated GP / GP on 80 / Inv L on 160 /
Ameritron 811-H 800 W / Coffee / Joey my faithful Tabby companion

Club Affiliation: NFARL

Comments: big breakthrough here was on 160. Lots of great sig
from all over. Sat morning @ 4:30 local Lightning Storm - YIKES
80 and 40 were in great shape. 20 the usual packed band. I heard
OD5NH calling CQ contest ( probably couldnt hear himself scream )
15 was great for the more "rare" ones. didnt get to spend much time
sat 'cause 10 was awesome. Sun 15 finally opened into EU around
1700, and sigs were not strong. 10 was the prize of the fight. Nice
early and late oppenings everywhere. I spent more time trying to
work KH6 on 160 than anything else for a last one. Overall Hams
were a little nicer to one another than usual. Folks need to check
TX freq on 40/80 before answering a DX station calling in Split.
There might be someone already having a non-dx QSO

Cant wait for the next one - promise will stay up some more
thanks to whom called me best 73 es gud DX
Mike
KR4TG