[3830] Damon Raphael - W7MD ARRL DX PH Results

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Damon Raphael - W7MD ARRL DX PH Results
From: w7md@azstarnet.com (Damon S Raphael, MD (W7MD))
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:29:20 -0700
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W7MD                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        6       18   3.0        3
       80       33       99   3.0       23
       40       35      105   3.0       24
       20      133      393   3.0       65
       15      140      420   3.0       57
       10       78      234   3.0       32
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    425     1269   3.0      204  =   258,876

Equipment Description:
Yaesu 1000MP Tranceiver
Henry 3K Ultra Amp 1.5 Kw
Heil Proset Mike  with HC-4 element
KLM 6-El 20 mtr monoband beam on 57' boom at 70 feet on hilltop location
Loaded the same beam on 15 and 10 meters also
Full wave 80 meter delta loop with apex at 70 feet oriented toward Europe
and New Zealand
Loaded the 80 delta loop on  40 and 160
4 Beverage antennas  30, 210, 130 and 310 degrees
IBM compatible home built 200 mHz Pentium MMX system with CT from K1EA
Assisted with Packet Cluster running in Procomm in a Dos window. (after I
crashed my log trying to run my TNC in CT.

Did not work whole contest.  Started late because of work and  took time off
to have pizza with N7DD and N7CL on Saturday evening.  N7DD reported gud
times on 15 so I loaded up on Sunday morning using the big 20 mtr beam on
15.  Results were adequate.  High winds on the 2nd afternoon kept moving my
beam off course.   When I finally got a JA run going, I had to keep running
to the shack window to check the beam headings when the JAs disappeared.
Then JA1ELY moved in on me and I could not compete without a real 15 mtr
antenna.

New tower is going up next month - 89 foot US Tower HDX with 3 el 40 mtr
beam and 4 square dipole array on 80 for next winter - plus 160 mtr sloper.
Also a Force 12 4BA will be stacked over the big KLM.

Club Affiliation: Southern Arizona DX Association:

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Damon Raphael  W7MD
               3035 N. Bonanza Ave
               Tucson, AZ 85749