[3830] WL7KY ARRL DX SSB SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WL7KY ARRL DX SSB SOAB HP
From: kl7fh@customcpu.com (Chris Hurlbut)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:30:42 -0900

160     0         0
80       0         0
40       2         2
20       352     51
15       435     51
10       26        5
TOTAL 815 109

266,505 claimed score

What was up with the bands?!  Only 2 qso's on 40!  All of the Carribean and
EU stations were loud, but very few stateside, and the ones I heard were
not loud at all.  I CQ'd around 7079 listening up for an hour once, and
nothing at all.  During the CW weekend, it was all I could do to run down
the pile-up!  Anyway, the first hour was killer.  I was cqing on 21355 to
hold a run freq, working guys periodically, and then it came.  After
working K9PPY who stood by on freq, a "QRZ Contest Whiskey Lima Seven Kilo
Yankee" it was chaos!  253 q's in the first hour.  That included several 2
or 3 minute breaks with no qso's, just cqing.  That was pretty much the
only highlight of the weekend.  Except for a nice run on 20, but the QRM
was terrible there as usual.  I got bored cqing endlessly, so I just went
and watched TV for a while, hoping Saturday would be my 10m day.  HA!
Anyway, to make a long story short, very few qso's were made because I did
not feel like having a low rate.  I was more interested in honing my phone
pile up skills.  :)
Many people asked me to move to 10m, with no luck.  I cq'd there for 2
hours, picking up a whopping 26 qso's with 10 of those being S & P.  See
everyone in the next one.... whatever it is.
-Chris

Rig: Knwd TS-570DG and a HAND MIC! sore thumb....
Ant: 10-20  TH7 at 50 feet
        40m  3 elem full size wire yagi
        80m dipole (never got used though)

http://www.customcpu.com/personal/kl7fh