[3830] W1BK ARRL DX Phone M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W1BK ARRL DX Phone M/S
From: w1nr@eecorp.com (Michael McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 23:31:44 -0500

Well, we set our goal to do 1000 Q's and 1M points and
ended just short on the Q total.  We did manage to break
1 Meg despite several serious problems and lousy
conditions on Sunday.  First, the 4-1000 (also the
only amp on 160M) T/R relay stopped functioning
30 minutes into the test.  Then we noticed that
the rotator on the 40/20 tower would not go
from East to South.  Near the end of the test,
the rotor nearly croaked completely.  Cdx
were so bad Saturday night that we called it
quits at 11:00 PM to get a running start at
the early morning.  Wasted too much time
trying to work people on 160 with no amp.
  Still, best Q and point total to date for ARRL.

Mike, W1NR

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: W1BK                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80       75      225   3.0       46
       40      112      336   3.0       65
       20      281      843   3.0       93
       15      287      861   3.0       87
       10      209      624   3.0       80
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    964     2889   3.0      371  =   1,071,819

Operator List: W1BK, W1NR

Equipment Description:
TS-940S, TS-850S
Homebrew 4-1000, SB-220
160M Shunt fed 110' tower, S. half sloper
80M Remote tuned inverted V at 110'
40M 2el. Cushcraft 40-2CD at 120'
20M 5el. Hy-gain 205BA at 110'
15M Homebrew 4el. W2PV yagi at 60'
10M Homebrew 6el. W2PV yagi at 68'
CT 9.27, Homebrew 80386

Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

                             Signature: Charles D. McCarthy, W1BK

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Charles D. Mc Carthy  W1BK
               128 Forest Avenue
               Hudson, MA 01749

**************** Give Every Man His Dew **************
Michael A. McCarthy, President
Everest Engineering Corporation, Consultants
4 Barnes Circle, Marlborough, MA 01752
(508) 460-6737, FAX (508) 460-7951
mailto:w1nr@eecorp.com