[3830] N2TX M/2 ARRL Phone score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N2TX M/2 ARRL Phone score
From: n2tx@ws.quik.com (Mike Anderson)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 08:42:44 -0500
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: N2TX @ KE2TR             Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Two
                                     State: New York Sec:NLI

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       14       42   3.0       12  Can of Oil
       80      286      846   3.0       77  Phased Dipoles
       40      278      834   3.0       83  F12 3 element @ 74 Feet
       20     1330     3984   3.0      140  F12 4 over 4 @ 86 + 37 Feet
       15     1253     3753   3.0      123  F12 5 over 5 @ 72 + 35 Feet
       10      501     1497   3.0      107  F12 8 Element @ 60 Feet
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3662    10956   3.0      542  =   5,938,152

All reports sent were 59 NY, unless otherwise noted.

Operator List:N2TX,KE2TR,N9KAU/2,AA2MF,K2AJ,KD2TT+ The voice of Diana

Equipment Description:
2 Yaesu ft-1000 mp's
1 Alpha 78 w/ two good tubes
1 Alpha 91b
CT Ver. 9.39
ICE band pass filters
2 500 ft. Beverages 1 east 1 west.
2 K1EA dvp's

Club Affiliation: YCCC

This contest started out about an hour late cause the computers wouldn't

function correctly. At around 8:00pm friday night I gave up on Jim's
computer
and just started both computers with only the network in place. I drove
back
home to get another computer that I know worked. I returned back to
Jim's at
around 9:30 pm with my other computer and got everything going in short
order.
W2XX (JP) was going to operate SOA from my station but turned up friday
with
the flu. That would have been another 3.5 mill for YCCC..Oh well

The first 24 hours were very good, yielding us just short of 2500 q's.
10
meters seemed to be affected somewhat in the first 24 hours as it really
only
produced some short runs. I knew the start of the second day was going
to be
bad as IQ4A cq'ed in our faces on 15 sunday morning. Thank you to all
the
stations that called us.

Highlights:
First day of decent propagation
All the nice asian mult's !
All the nice comments from europe on our signal strength.

Lowlights:
Second day of propagation
40 mph plus winds
Snow and rain static
The W1 that found himself 1 khz below us 10 different times
The F6 station that asked me to qsy from 14.170 for a french net!
The pungent antenna on 160 meters.

Regards Mike N2TX