[3830] OH7AA ARRL 1999 SSB SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH7AA ARRL 1999 SSB SOHP
From: Mikko.Poyhonen@HMX.Honeywell.com (Poyhonen, Mikko (FI36))
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:18:07 -0700

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: OH7AA   (op. OH4XX)                 Country: FINLAND
      Mode: SSB                                           Category: Single
Operator HP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV
       20      148      444          41
       15       65      195          28
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    213      639          69  =   44,091

All reports sent were 59 K, unless otherwise noted.

Club Affiliation: Contest Club Finland

Equipment Description:
FT100MP
1 Kw amp
15 m: 6el monobander@44m
20 m: 5el monobander@38m

comments:

Originally I was going run singleOP from OH7M but I was too busy/lazy to
drove down to station on Friday evening so.. instead of that I
worked some stations  at saturday/sunday from my home QTH with very modest
antenna. Sunday I could not stay  at home anymore and had to
take my radio and drove  to a local club (OH7AA) which we have quite good
antenna setup. I started on 15 but rate was quite slow there due to aurora
and decided to go
20 meters. Ocassionally I had pretty good rate but jammers did they best and
I was not  be able to get pileup going so well. Little bit S&P in 20 and 15
and that's it.
West coast was really booming in time to time on 20 and 15,  N7ML  had a
huge signal on 20 meters. Anyways had some good time (3 hours or so),
hopefully I can do the whole contest in next year.

Coming CQ WPX SSB we are going to take a part in M/S-category at OH7M so cu
there!

73

Mikko, OH4XX
Mikko Pöyhönen