[3830] WD4AHZ WPX SSB SO/LP 10 Meters Only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WD4AHZ WPX SSB SO/LP 10 Meters Only
From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@arrl.net> (Ron Wetjen)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:17:31 +0000
                            CQ WPX CONTEST

Call used: WD4AHZ                                       Location: FL

Category: Single Op Single Band      Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W

Callsign of Operator: WD4AHZ

Exchanged Information: WD4AHZ RST nr

Hours of Operation: 17:00

band      QSOs     points
-------------------------
160          0          0
 80          0          0
 40          0          0
 20          0          0
 15          0          0
 10        339        856
-------------------------
TOTAL      339        856   X   246 multipliers  =  210,576

Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Equipment: Kenwood TS-930S (1)
           Cushcraft A4 Tribander @ 37'

Comments: Not normally a phone guy, decided to do a single band 10 meter
effort, and contribute a few points for the FCG.  Lot's of big signals
on Saturday, but didn't seem as good on Sunday.  Could S&P fine ...
worked most stations I called on one or two calls, and got several "big
signal" comments (tnx!).  BUT, could not get anything going by calling
CQ.  Called CQ so much, a couple times I thought I'd pass out!  My BEST
run the whole weekend was around 1730Z Sunday, with 10 west coast
stations in 7 minutes!  Pretty pathetic.

73, Ron

27 days until the Florida QSO Party
Visit http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm for details!