[3830] NY4T WPX SSB M/S (LP)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NY4T WPX SSB M/S (LP)
From: ny4t@home.com (ny4t)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:51:47 -0600
    Callsign Used : NY4T
        Operators : NY4T KF4GNV W1ADE KD4BAM N4SSD KE4KMG KR4FO KF4GKN KE4KGE

         Category : M/S

 Default Exchange : RS NR
        Power Used: <150 watts

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

  160SSB       3           3          3        1
   80SSB     114         114        186       53
   40SSB      59          59        321       30
   20SSB     322         322        572      158
   15SSB     269         269        694      146
   10SSB     229         229        566      126

 Totals      996         996       2342      514

    Final Score = 1203788 points.

We all had a blast and shattered last year's score.  Were trying for a
1000 Q's and almost made it, finishing with a 97 Q hour.  Look out next
year.

>From the soapbox:

GIVE US YOUR CALL !!!!!

Please identify your station after EVERY qso.  This QRZ, QRZ, QRZ, QRZ
thing has gotten entirely out of hand.  It is obvious if you are running
stations that you are contesting.  FORGET QRZ, JUST SAY YOUR CALL.  I
find it very arrogant and counter-productive to continue to run stations
without identifying.  Here in the US, it is also against FCC rules.  You
must ID after every Q the way I read the rules.
>From here on, I will call any station who doesn't identify after every Q
if I am not sure whether I have worked him.  If it turns out to be a
dupe, too bad.  If you identify, you don't run that risk.  If everyone
would adopt this policy, it would cure the problem.  If you are one of
the offenders, wake up!

I just had to say this.  Not all of us are big gun stations who can run
the majority of the test and those who operate in this manner are
hurting the scores of the small stations and wasting our time.

73,
Lee (NY4T)
http://www.qsl.net/ny4t