[3830] W6XR MSHP WPX PHONE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W6XR MSHP WPX PHONE
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:08:43 -0500

                              CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 27-Mar-99, 28-Mar-99, 29-Mar-99

    Callsign Used : W6XR
        Operators : N2AU, W6XR

         Category : MS, HPAB, NY

             Name : Natan Huffman
          Address : 27 Hungerford Rd,
   City/State/Zip : Ithaca/NY/14850
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : FRC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

  160SSB      33          33         73       12
   80SSB     268         268        638      127
   40SSB     120         119        564       45
   20SSB     887         884       2293      243
   15SSB    1403        1400       3782      328
   10SSB     721         721       1943      206

 Totals     3432        3425       9293      961

    Final Score = 8930573 points.

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter
within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.

 Date ______________   Signed _____________________________  Call
___________

Comments:

First of all, after careful analysis of my last three WPX logs (1999, 1997 &
1996) the percentage of W/K contacts were at an all time LOW.  Don't know
what other participants noticed, but the WPX did not become a USA QSO PARTY
by my log!  Maybe I am missing something, or perhaps some people just like
to bitch.

Speaking of bitching, just who ever started this "2 letter" nonsense.  You
call someone using your last two letters only and you have slowed both you
and I, created more QRM, and have probably gone through a QSB cycle so that
we can no longer communicate!  And often,  when one asks for "the Oscar
November station" it is the same jerk droning on with Alpha November, Alpha
November!  Keep it on the DX list nets please.  Hats off to those who just
ignore the "2 letters only" types!

Art and I had a good time and made a few mistakes.  We slept through part of
the 20 meter opening on Sunday morning, a mistake that cost us dearly!
Congratulations to the crews at WC4E & KM3T  for soundly beating us.
Everything in the shack now comes apart in preparation for the 99 CQWW.
Improvements will be made.

This year was a most satisfying year for many reasons indeed.  Managed to
set a new personal  contest QSO record of 17.1 Qs made from this single
transmitter station, based on claimed scores.  Very happy about that.

See all next year -- hopefully!

73

Natan W6XR

160 -- ground mounted 1/4 wave vertical with elevated radials

80--------- rotatable dipole at 72'

40---------2 el at 80'

20/15/10 -- stacked C3Es....one at 72' the other at  36'

10 ---------4 el at 85'

Yaesu FT 1000MP, Alpha 86

Yaesu FT-920 Alpha 374

-