[3830] N0KE 99 WPX SSB AB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N0KE 99 WPX SSB AB QRP
From: pfkski at vail.net (Philip F. Krichbaum)
Date: Wed Mar 31 22:13:08 1999
        N0KE  1999 WPX SSB QRP All Band

                QSO        Prefixes          Antenna
       160        6                 2             Inv
L                           Rig Icom 756 @ 5 watts
        80        55               38            Dipole @ 60 ft
        40        47               17            40 2 CD @ 130 feet
        20      239             126            KT34XA @ 120 feet
        15      259             137            40 2 CD @ 130 feet (works
much better than KT34XA which is resonate at 20MHz)
        10      272             157            KT34XA @ 120 feet
               _______________

                 878              477             =   1,095,669
points      36 hours of operating

        Thanks to Dave Clingerman,W6OAL, and wife Marjorie outside
Parker Colorado for use of his station. Dave and I did some show and
tell of old QSLs from when we were both in the Teenage Amateur Radio
Club back in Akron Ohio in the late 50's. I was W8TTN and he was W8USL.
        Too bad condx from Saturday didn't carry thru to Sunday or else
I probably could have beat KR2Qs QRP record. Congradulations to Doug
Zwiebel, KR2Q, who did beat his own record and probably won his own USA
QRP trophy. I had no European opening on 10m on Sunday. The 15m European
opening on Sunday was much shorter and not good for many QSOs.   73 Phil
Krichbaum N0KE    ex W0KEA