[3830] VE3KZ OQP SO AB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE3KZ OQP SO AB HP
From: rtnash@netcom.ca (Robert Nash)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:57:15 -0400
              1999   ONTARIO QSO PARTY VE3KZ

 Category : Single Operator All Band High Power

 Default Exchange : OQP: 59(9) HTN
                    FQP: 59(9) ON/HTN
                    NQP: 59(9) ON/HTN
                    Helvetia: 59(9) Serial #/HTN

  160SSB      18          18         27      16
   80CW       12          12         24       4
   80SSB      82          82        100      47
   40CW       60          60        120      26
   40SSB     188         188        206      66
   20CW       36          36         72       4
   20SSB     214         214        223      75
   15CW       25          25         50      12
   15SSB      77          77         86      38
   10CW        1           1          2       1
   10SSB      11          11         20       8
 Totals      724         724        930     297

    Claimed Score = 276,210 points.

 Equipment: TS-950SDX + AL-1200 1KW
  10m: 5el @ 50'
  15m: 5el @ 75'
  20m: 3el @ 100'
  40m: dipole @ 70'
  80m: Fan Inverted Vee @ 60'
  160m:Inverted Vee @ 70'
   850' Beverage NW
  450' Beverage NE
  TRLog v6.39, 80486-33MHz

 Comments: Thanks to VE3SRE for mothering this contest along. We don't have
 the QSO totals of Helvetia or FQP but we're getting closer! This was my
 first real venture into the contest. The last couple of years I made a
 desultory 50 or so Q's. I'm glad that conditions were fair to good for a
 change and I'm glad to have stuck it out for over 22 hours! I had a
 couple of unreal pile-up situations into Europe on 20 and 40 SSB, a number
 of VE3 6 band Q's (not with my own county though!) and some unusual Q's
 like Utah on 160SSB - K7CA, ZD9BV on 20 SSB, and Rainy River District QRP
 on 80 and 40 CW - VE3FAL. RAI is about as far from here as North Dakota.
 Bless the Beverages! It was a relatively noisy weekend and they made a big
 difference on 160/80/40.

 Unlike my usual practice of running TRLog in DOS, I ran 4 separate programs
 under Windows 3.1 and merged the files after the contest. Moved from one to
 the other using CTRL-ESC. It hung up a few times necessitating restarting
 a particular contest but generally was great over the long run, bringing in
 8 multipliers and 89 Q's from those other contests.

See you from the next Ontario QSO Party and of course watch out for all of
us
on July the First,  Canada Day.

73 Bob VE3KZ
ve3kz@rac.ca