[3830] VE3STT - OQP So/Ab/Lp/Mixed HAM

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VE3STT - OQP So/Ab/Lp/Mixed HAM
From: djones@hwcn.org (David Jones)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:26:57 -0400
      ONTARIO QSO PARTY

      Call used: VE3STT   Location: HAM (Hamilton-Wentworth)
      Category: Single Op LOW POWER       Mode: MIXED
      Callsign of Operator: VE3STT

      Exchanged Information: VE3STT RST HAM

      band   QSOs  points  mults

      160     7      17      7     Inv-L (currently apex 39')
       80    76     102     45    Inv-V dipole (apex 39')
       40    96     128     44    Inv-V dipole (apex 33')
       20    14      16      8     2el Quad (spider at 50')
       15     4       8      4                  "
       10     2       4      2                  "
       50     0       0      0
      144     3       3      3    2m/70cm vertical at ~25'
      432     2       2      2

      TOTAL  204     280    115      SCORE: 32,200

 Comments: Alot more activity again this year and better bands too (at least
 40/80m)!  Could have used more people on the higher bands.
 Worked hard on the wire antennas the week before OQP, with an 80m dipole
 and 160m Inverted-L added to the collection.  And, thank goodness I put up
 a 40m dipole on Saturday morning.  All played better than the vertical for
 the close contacts!
 Next year...retain the mults as is (one per band), but how about points at
 least for both CW and an SSB contact?  Might
 lead to even more activity, and certainly more "mixed" incentive.
 I'll be interested to see any "CW only logs" - must have been a test of
 will?
 Had a great time!

      I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
 amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the contest
 committee.

 David Jones  VE3STT
 e-mail: djones@hwcn.org