[3830] WPX 1999 ZX5J SINGLE OP 10M HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX 1999 ZX5J SINGLE OP 10M HP
From: pp5jr@unetsul.com.br (Sergio Almeida 0968
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 00:01:42 -0300
    Thank you very much to all who made contact with me!

Should be good enough for a new WORLD RECORD.
Congratulations to Glenn ZD88A, for excelent performace.  I think the
diference between us was very close. He is a excelent operator.
Good conditions during first and secound day, but i didn't have great rates.
I made a contact with 1s1sa,  but i suposed was a pirate. I ask a lot of
friends about a operation form spratly during that days, but i didn't have a
confirmation.
First contest with my new antenna system to 10m. I used the old one ( 7 over
7 monoband yagis) PLUS, 4 antennas 5 el each one working together, in a
shape like a H, rotable.  It gave's me 15 to 20 minutes more propagation to
Europe in comparison with the 7 over 7 stakcs. I didn't see great difference
to USA, just a little
to west coast.
See you, thanks again,
SERGIO PP5JR ALSO ZX5J.

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1999

      Call: ZX5J                     Country:  Brazil
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator Single Band
                                               UNASSISTED  10M
      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20        0        0   0.0        0
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10     4589    13413   2.9     1112
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   4589    13413   2.9     1112  =   14,915,256

Equipment Description: FT-1000D + LK 800-A
                       ANTENNAS: 7 OVER 7 MONOBAND YAGI + 4 YAGIS FORMING A H
                                                          5 EL EACH ONE

Club Affiliation: ARAUCARIA DX GROUP

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               SERGIO LIMA DE ALMEIDA  ZX5J  OP PP5JR
               AV RUBENS A. RAMOS 1416/501
               FLORIANOPOLIS, SC 88015-700  BRAZIL

STOPS:
1) QSO 554  1 HOUR    05:32 TO 06:32
2) QSO 577  3 HOURS   07:09 TO 10:09
3) QSO 2932 2 HOURS   02:24 TO 04:24
4) QSO 2961 1 HOUR    04:35 TO 05:35
5) QSO 2971 5 HOURS   05:50 TO 10:50

TOTAL:      12 HOURS

COMENTS:

CONGRATULATIONS TO WPX GANG FOR THE NEW 1 POINT RULE... I WORKED A LOT OF
PY STATIONS, IT'S WONDERFUL TO SEE THE CONTEST "VIRUS" INCREASE HIS ACTION
IN MY COUNTRY. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!