[3830] N5NU WPX CW SO UA HP T/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5NU WPX CW SO UA HP T/S
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason Goldsberry)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 01:34:04 -0500
                         CQ WPX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 29-May-99, 30-May-99

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU

         Category : SO HP UA T/S

 Default Exchange : 599 #

             Name : JASON GOLDSBERRY
          Address : RT 1 BOX 1025
   City/State/Zip : DOUGLASS TX 75943
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : NTCC

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   40CW        1           1          4        0
   20CW      684         681       1802      223
   15CW      936         930       2300      402
   10CW       36          35         83       15

 Totals     1657        1647       4189      640

    Final Score = 2,680,960 points.  Score +/- a few thousand.

What a great contest!!  Am surprised that did not have any 100 hours.  Had
a good number of Europeans throughout the contest, which was great.  Went
to bed around 08z or so Friday night (Sat morning) and got up around 15z.
Never did go to bed on Saturday night.  It was 13z when I went to bed on
Sunday morning.  Was going to try to make it to Church but was too tired.
Would've fallen asleep anyway.  Woke up at 18z, and was in and out working
the contest.

Saturday night (Sunday AM) was really intresting.  First good DX that
called in was a very weak/fluttery XV7SW at 0849z.  A few minutes later, I
went to 21 MHz where I worked HS0/SM3DYU and KH2 at 0919z (4:19 local).
Back to 14MHz.  Had five HL stations, YB4JIM, 9V1BI, 4F1RWW, and 4F2IR call
in between 0939 and 1055.  Had a side trip to 15 where I had a relatively
easy QSO with BA4TB at 1038.

My observation was that the rare DX picked up right before sunrise.  All
through the night, I was able to work JA's and Europeans on 20.  But from
about 4:00 on to the sunrise, it was intresting.  Have to remember that.

Also, my appologies to those who got QRM'ed by me.  Wasn't intended, as I
had my narrow filters on for the greater part of the 'test.

73, Jason N5NU

n5nu@inu.net
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/