[3830] KR5DX WPXCW SOABHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KR5DX WPXCW SOABHP
From: K5NZ@aol.com (K5NZ@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 12:03:48 EDT
WPX CW
KR5DX op K5NZ
SOABHP
16 hours

Well, I had planned to do a 40m single band so I could be free on Sunday to
watch my old MX racing buddy, Jeff Ward, race in the Indy 500.  BTW Wardy got
2nd!!!!

Anyway a cool front was stuck on STX and nothing but thunder storms were
heard at the start of the contest on 40m.  I was listening to 15m on the 2nd
rig and man was it hot!  I said screw this and decided to just play all band
as time permitted. ( 16 hours)  15 had to be "the band" for everyone as I was
still running JA/EU at 11pm when I shut down Friday night.  It was just
great! Anytime I had an hour to play would come in and 15 was just red hot!
Didn't matter if it was noon or midnight!

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   40CW      211         211        579      111
   20CW      157         157        374       84
   15CW      566         564       1350      263
   10CW       20          20         35        7

 Totals      954         952       2338      465

    Final Score = 1087170 points.