[3830] Wo4o 1999 WPX CW SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Wo4o 1999 WPX CW SO LP
From: wo4o@juno.com (Ric Painter)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 18:24:44 EDT
          My performance in this game last year was dismal,
          partly because of personal distractions.  While having
          no propagation info or band plan this year, I basically
          flew by the seat of my pants, CQing as much as was
          possible.  There have been no station improvements
          since the 98 WPX CW.  Unlike last year I had a ton of
          fun this time.  During my final 2 Off hours, I clicked
          on the boob tube and watched my favorite cave man
          comedy, "Encino Man".  It gave me the boost needed for
          the final 4 hours of the game.  (You'd have had to been
          here.)  1 point USA-to-USA Qs are good!  "Memorial Day"
          weekend is good!  16 dupes (who called me and I quickly
          worked again) is better than 17 dupes.  The call sign,
          RW45F5, should be good because that's what was sent and
          received numerous times.  A better 80-m antenna for DX
          would be good.  A second transceiver would be good.
          Room for station and op improvement is good.  Aiming
          for the 1998 KN4T score was good.  Skipping church for
          this one may seem good in the short-term but making it
          a habit would not be good.  Can I get a witness?   <><

           Category : SO LP 100w - LM (Low Maintenance)

   Final Score = 2,692,952 points.

           Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes  Equipment
   80CW        2           2         10        0     Dipole
   40CW      175         175        771      139     Dipole
   20CW      671         668       1681      212     Quad/Yagi
   15CW      616         603       1574      241     Quad/Yagi
   10CW       88          88        225       40     Quad/Yagi
 Totals     1552        1536       4261      632     TS-450S

  Off: 0637-1047, 1728-1834, 0002-0110, 0859-1300, 1700-1900

Thanks for the Qs & Ps!  73, Ric - Wo4o (the letter o, no zeros! :-)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]