[3830] TQP AE5B/m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TQP AE5B/m
From: jdyer@eastland.net (John)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 12:38:53 -0500

                          TEXAS QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 22-May-99, 23-May-99

    Callsign Used : AE5B
         Operator : JOHN

         Category : Texas Mobile

 Default Exchange : 59

             Name : John Dyer
          Address : RT 3 Box 60
   City/State/Zip : Cisco, Tx 76437
          Country : United States

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   40SSB         28                 28              56         15         0
   20SSB       373               372           744         44         4
   15SSB         64                 64           128            5         5

 Totals           465               464           928         64         9

    County               QSO's

1.  Andrews              15
2.  Baylor                    6
3.  Borden                19
4.  Callahan              27
5.  Crosby                   5
6.  Dawson               19
7.  Dickens                 7
8.  Eastland              12
9.  Ector                      9
10. Fisher                 14
11. Gaines                25
12. Garza                  17
13. Glasscock            7
14. Haskell               28
15. Howard              10
16. Jones                 18
17. Kent                   17
18. Knox                  17
19. Lynn                     9
20. Martin                  7
21. Midland             12
22. Mitchell              23
23. Nolan                 23
24. Scurry                11
25. Shackelford      10
26. Stephens          22
27. Stonewall            7
28. Taylor                20
29. Terry                 18
30. Throckmorton  25
31. Yoakum              6

 928 pts x 73 mult          =   67744 points.
 31 counties(6 x 5000)  =   30000 points
 14 Texas mobiles         =       100 points

FINAL SCORE                  97844

Discovered Friday night that the mobile was putting out a pile-up busting 10
watts. Plan B--put the FT-990 in the truck and go. oops no DC plug
Plan C-stick two wires in back of rig and go. They didn't work out but once.
Had to shut down early Sat and miss all the DX on 20. Baseball size hail was
coming at us from New Mexico and I could have logged by the lightening so my
pilot and I found a hole for the night. My wife/pilot did pretty good. 854
miles and only one missed turn. The missed turn gave us 31 counties instead
of the planned 30. The end of the QSO Party found us 10 miles from home.
Super planning (another term for dumb luck)